Terry Burrell has been re-elected to Sarnia City Council. Thank you, Sarnia!
Terry feels that his accounting experience provides guidance to Council, especially at budget time. Terry's commitment to the community and the environment are illustrated by his participation as follows:
Terry has served 24 years on City Council.
In the past Terry has served on these and other municipal committees:
- Vice Chair of the St Clair Region Conservation Authority
- Canadian Vice-Chair of the St Clair River Public Advisory Council (BPAC)
- St Clair River Canadian Remedial Implementation Committee Member (CRIC)
- City of Sarnia Audit Committee Member
- Sarnia Lambton Taskforce on Healthcare Worker Recruitment
- Director of Sarnia Power Corporation (Bluewater Power).
- Sarnia Member Southwestern Ontario Clean Air Council
- Chair and Vice-Chair of the Lambton Area Water Supply System
- St Clair Parkway Commission
- Lambton County Waste Management Masterplan
- Chair of the Sarnia Museum Committee
- Chair of Sarnia Parking Authority
- Chair of the Lambton County Strategic Planning Committee
- Chair of the Lambton County Nominating Committee
- Vice Chair of the Downtown Taskforce
- Vice Chair of the Transit Committee
- Marshall Gowland Manor Management Committee
Terry Burrell was born in Sudbury, Ontario the 8th of ten children on Christmas Day. The Burrell Family moved to Delhi, Ontario, where Terry was raised.
Terry entered the University of Western Ontario on a London Free Press scholarship. He graduated with a Bachelor of Arts Degree from their Faculty of Science and subsequently earned an Honours Business Administration Degree from the University of Windsor.
He earned his designation as a Chartered Accountant and he has his accounting practice at 514 Christina Street North in Sarnia.
He has been a member of the Board of Directors of the Lambton Kent Soccer Association, Big Brothers and the St. Vincent de Paul Society and has been a member of the parents' council at a local high school. Terry has served on the Chamber of Commerce Municipal Affairs Committee.
Terry is currently the Treasurer of Friends of the St Clair River and sings in his Church Choir.
Terry and his wife Jo-Anne have 4 adult children, Angela, Myra, Russell and Simon.
Angela is a Computer Scientist who works for Lambton College in their Information Technology Department.
Myra is a Wildlife Biologist who is married to Manuel and has two children.
Russell is a former Captain in the Canadian Forces who served in Afghanistan and is currently a Civil Engineer with Infrastructure Canada and married to Caitlin.
Simon is a Chemical Engineer who works for Ontario Power Generation's nuclear facilities at Darlington.